Skiving and roller burnishing tools can finish the inner hole of the oil cylinder. After processing, the inner hole of the oil cylinder can reach the level of 8, and the surface roughness can reach Ra005-0.2μm.
Skiving and roller burnishing tools have many advantages over traditional oil cylinder rolling process:
Such as without cutting, won’t produce material waste residue, can improve the smoothness of the product, low manufacturing cost, quick efficiency (compared with the traditional grinding technology can enhance 20-40%, 75-95% higher than that of other honing head.)
Below we will introduce the main characteristics of the skiving and roller burnishing tools.
- Improve surface roughness (roughness: Ra≤0.08µｍ).
- Correct the roundness, the ellipticity is less than 0.01mm.
- Improve the surface hardness, eliminate stress after deformation, hardness increased HV≥40°
- After processing, the residual stress layer and fatigue strength increased by 30%.
- Improve the quality of coordination, reduce wear, and prolong the service life of the parts, but the processing cost of the workpiece is reduced.
- Improve machining efficiency: the processing speed is nearly 20 times that of honing.
- Working environment: low noise, no pollution, labor cost saving.
- Reasonable processing procedure: Skiving and Roller burnishing can be processed as the last working procedure after other processes (such as drilling hole, welding, car thread, etc.).
Equipment model: 3 m, 6 m, 9 m, 12 m (length of processing)
Skiving and roller burnishing tools can realize rough boring, semi-fine boring, fine boring and rolling pressure of cylinder bore. The efficiency of production is greatly improved, which is more than ten times that of traditional honing.
The mirror effect of the inner wall of the cylinder is reached (Ra = 0.03um~0.2um).
Due to the residual compressive stress on the surface layer, it is helpful for the sealing of small cracks in the surface and impedes the expansion of erosion.
Skiving and roller burnishing tools can improve the surface anti-corrosion ability, and can delay the production or expansion of oil cylinder, thus improving the fatigue strength of cylinder.
The rolling surface can form a layer of cooling hardening layer, which improves the wear resistance of the inner wall of the cylinder. It is effective to avoid the burn caused by traditional grinding process.
Single rotation processing mode.: workpiece fixed, skiving and roller burnishing tool rotary feed processing.
- Processing mode: when the skiving and roller burnishing tool enters the inner hole, the inner hole of the cylinder can be skived and roller burnished, and stop cutting when return at the end of inner hole.
- Processing mode: when the skiving and roller burnishing tool enters the inner hole, the inner hole of the cylinder can be bored and skived. At reach the end and return back, the inner hole is rolled and burnished by skiving and roller burnishing tool.
With the development of the industry, mechanical cutting tools and roller burnishing tools are increasingly updated, and the roller burnishing tool gradually replaces the original grinding and polishing process. Roller burnishing tool is widely used in hydraulic cylinder, hardware machinery, auto parts and so on.